A new Custom Channel Group may be applied retroactively to organize data that has been previously collected.
Channel Groupings are rule-based groupings of your traffic sources. All the data from your traffic sources can be seen organized according to the Default Channel Grouping throughout the analytics reports. A grouping of the most common sources of traffic, like Paid Search and Direct. This Channel Grouping tool allows you to quickly check the performance of each and every traffic channel of yours.
All the channels in the Default Channel Grouping meet the needs of most Analytics users, but if you have any specific analysis requirements and want to label your traffic in other ways, you can:
- Create a Custom Channel Grouping (user level).
- Create a new Channel Grouping (view level).
- Edit the Default Channel Grouping (view level).
When you create a Custom Channel Grouping at the user level or create a new Channel Grouping in a view, you can be able to perform the following functions.
- You can immediately select it in reports.
- You can apply it retroactively and see historical data classified by your new channel definitions.
- You can change how reports display your data, without changing the data itself.
Do you got doubts regarding this question A new Custom Channel Group may be applied retroactively…then do let us know by leaving a comment below.