To raise awareness of what you’re advertising without limiting who might see your ads, you should:
- set a topic bid adjustment to show your ads on multiple pages about a specific topic
- set a mobile bid adjustment to reach more customers on mobile devices
- add multiple targeting methods and use the “Target and bid” setting
- add multiple targeting methods and use the “Bid only” setting.
- add multiple targeting methods and use the “Bid only” setting
If you set your targeting methods to “Target and Bid” then all of your targeting methods must match to a user before your ad is shown to them unlike “Bid Only” option where the user doesn’t need to meet your requirements and also to show your ad.
An Advertiser must understand the difference before advertising an ad as the Google Ads will have the “Target and Bid” option selected as default when adding targeting methods.
Most of the advertisers will go for “Target and Bid” option as showing your ads to a user who is not at all interested in your product is a waste of time and effort whereas you will be increasing the reach for your ad which may not affect the performance of your business.
Follow the below steps if you want to select any of the above two methods for your ad campaign.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Go to the “Display Network” tab on the menu bar.
- Then Click on the “Targeting” option.
- Select your campaign and ad group.
- Click the preferred targeting method from the options.
If you have any queries regarding the question To Raise Awareness of What You’re Advertising without Limiting…do leave us a comment in here.