How do upgraded URLs help advertisers with third-party conversion tracking?
- Show deep link URLs only to people who already have the app.
- Manage a single tracking URL at the campaign, ad group, or ad level that is separate from the landing page URL.
- Allow advertisers to direct users to the app store to download their app
- Show app install ads only to people who haven’t downloaded the app yet
- Manage a single tracking URL at the campaign, ad group, or ad level that is separate from the landing page URL
When it comes to tracking a particular type of advertisement campaign, the clicks don’t show the full picture of how the campaign is going on.
In that case, advertisers generally take the help of third-party conversion tracking. These links are not the direct URLs to the landing page but are some sort of a redirect.
For More information: https://help.campaignmonitor.com/track-clicked-links-with-google-analytics
Usually, advertisers use these pages to track these parameters:
- Ad Campaign
- Ad Group
- Ad Level
With multiple campaigns on at the same time, having upgraded URLs will give the advertisers the added edge. They will be able to track the amount of traffic that the particular URL received as opposed to calculating the total traffic on a whole and having to deduce the amount of traffic for this specific campaign.
It is understandable that individual statistics will lead to more speculation and even better planning the next time around.
For more information related to How do upgraded URLs help advertisers with third-party conversion.. leave a comment here at the end of the post.